- Send a SMS and trigger a dial-out conference.
- Use SMS to create/edit/delete Users & Groups.
- Send Group SMS only (SMS Blast).
Imagine sending a SMS and starting a dial out conference. That in essence is Mobile Conferencing. Often we need a quick meeting with a few people on the fly. There is no time for sending an invitation with the conference bridge credentials etc. The XOP Networks Mobile Conferencing Application is designed to do just that. The XOP Networks USN platform supports SMPP3.4 protocol for interfacing with external SMSCs. This capability allows the USN to support both Mobile Originating (MO) and Mobile Terminating (MT) traffic. Therefore a subscriber can simply send a SMS text message to the Universal Services Node. The subject area of the SMS contains information about the people you want to have conference with. The USN parses the message and then dials out to the numbers associated with names in the SMS text message. As recipients pick up their phones, they are placed into a conference with the subscriber.
- Send a SMS and trigger a dial out conference
- Use SMS to create/edit/delete Users
- Use SMS to create/edit/delete Groups
- Send SMS message in addition to the out dialed voice calls (for allowing call back and join the conference)
- Send Group SMS only (SMS Blast)
- Drop the conference if Moderator leaves the conference
- Two minute hysterises timer to prevent inadvertent Moderator call drop out
- Ability to record calls on the fly
- Usage reporting and call logs
|Feature||How it works||Benefits|
|Create a Group using SMS.||Moderator can create a group by sending a SMS with list of phone numbers.||Moderator does not have to be logged on to the web portal before he/she can create a group.|
|Initiate an audio conference using a SMS.||Moderator can send a SMS to a short code assigned to the USN. Upon receiving the SMS the USN will parse the text message and derive appropriate phone numbers from it. It will then dial out to those numbers and upon pickup place people into a conference.||Enable ad-hoc conference from a mobile phone without requiring any pre planning.|
|Assign Nick Names to your participants.||Moderator can assign nicknames to potential participants.||Saves on data entry when sending a SMS.|
|Moderator hysteresis timer.||In case a moderator’s call gets dropped and he/she does not call back within 2 minutes, the conference is terminated.||Moderator presence is required for conference to continue. Protects moderator from fraudulent use.|
File Size: 0.68 MB